RLLW: Studying, Listening to, Studying and Watching

Assist me on Patreon:

Comply with me:

The Low Influence Motion:

Thanks to my great patreon supporters:
Carolyn Elizabeth, Maria Piva and Charlotte Whitten

—————————————————————————-

▲ L O W I M P A C T L I V I N G I N ▼

New York Metropolis:

Austin, TEXAS:

Washington D.C:

—————————————————————————-

▲ L O W I M P A C T L I V I N G ▼

6 Methods to Scale back your Waste | with out bulk

Learners Information to Pure DIY Cleansing:

24 Methods to Scale back your Meals Waste:

MY LOW WASTE HAIR CARE ROUTINE 💁🏻curly hair:

THE TRASH DIARIES ep.1 | What I wasted this week:

Microplastics are all over the place | what can we do?:

The best way to Make Almond Milk:

My Zero Waste & Minimalist Toilet Necessities

2 Steps to Zero Waste

Zero Waste Important Equipment

—————————————————————————-

▲ D I Y V I D E O S ▼

10 EASY DIY NATURAL BEAUTY HACKS YOU NEED TO TRY!

DIY Selfmade Deep Conditioner:

HOMEMADE DEODORANT RECIPE | low waste:

Selfmade Shampoo Recipe:

—————————————————————————-

▲ P L A N T B A S E D R E C I P E S ▼

5 QUICK & EASY VEGAN SUMMER SNACKS | Wholesome & Easy:

PACKAGE FREE PRODUCE HAUL | + four seasonal plant based mostly recipes:

Thanks for watching xx

#lowimpactmovement #lowimpactliving

source

35 thoughts on “RLLW: Studying, Listening to, Studying and Watching

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

As a postgrad in sustainable chemistry it makes me so glad to see that more people are interested in the science behind sustainability and not only participate in the latest and more visible sustainability ‘trends’! Your videos are great, very informative indeed, keep up the good work!🤗

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

This is so inspiring! I definitely want to learn more about what you said too so I think it would be nice if you kept updating us on the interesting stuff you're reading, listening to, learning and watching 🙂 Thank you! <3

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I LOVE THESE TYPES OF VIDEOS! I always want to learn more but sometimes feel overwhelmed with all the information out there. With these videos it gives a diving point for me to jump off and learn more 🖤

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Wow Immy you're just so cool 🙂 so glad you're also interested in diving into the scientific side of plastics and climate change. I've just started a 1 year Masters in Environmental Science and Management this year. You are such an inspiration for me <3

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Thanks so much for this – I'm listening to Junk Raft, as well, and have been really inspired by that. I'm always looking for new podcasts, so Trash Talking sounds perfect. I look forward to checking it out! I love the approach you take to educating yourself, particularly when it comes to something as important as plastic pollution and climate change. You're definitely an inspiration!

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Hi Immy! I live in the US and unfortunately the closest store to my house that has a bulk section recently stopped allowing you to bring your own bags or containers and make you use plastic bags. Do you have any tips on minimizing packaging and plastic at grocery stores?

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

ha! I came prepared! saw that you uploaded a new video and promptly made myself a cup of tea 😉 I'm so glad you're planning to continue the book thing! I'm currently reading a German children's book called "Wir schützen unsere Umwelt" (We protect our environment). I don't think it has been translated into English but I really enjoy reading it with the little girl I'm babysitting. It addresses all the big issues- overfishing, meat consumption, plastic pollution, deforestation, … and I was so glad she is interested and passionate about it (I'LL NEVER EAT FISH AGAIN!) I was surprised because it's such a mainstream children's book publisher but then again, it came out in 2018. Makes me hopeful 🙂

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

thank you so much for that podcast recommendation! going to listen to one of those episodes on a long car ride tomorrow 🙂

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I am also a massive "Wild We Roam" fan!! So nice to hear that you adore them as well!! (and I am a massive Immy fan too!!)

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Good idea for a series! I love getting new book suggestions! I recently read "You're Never Weird On The Internet (Almost)" by Felicia Day. It. Was. Excellent! Not Zero Waste. Not vegan. Not an environmentalist. Just a girl with crippling anxiety, that was home-schooled as a child (so she was REALLY late with getting socialized w/ her peers), who managed to conquer the internet (sort of). Highly recommend.

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I've taken an environmental science course and am currently working on a forestry certification. I know I definitely want to go into something environmental. The textbooks from the courses I recommend are: Principles of Environmental Science by Ed Cunningham [ISBN #978-0-07-803607] and Intro to Forests and Renewable Resources by John Hendee [ISBN #978-1-57-7667469]. Both of them you can rent on Amazon for $20-$30 for a semester in the US but I'm not sure about the UK.

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I'll try to remember to dm you my textbooks but if you haven't you should read A Sand County Almanac

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I am about to become a middle school teacher in the United States. I don't know how it is in most European countries, but here, teachers are expected to spend money on decor and supplies for their classrooms. So many organizational tools and required supplies (such as plastic "turn in" trays, plastic folders, throw-away pens, Sharpies/Expo markers/Crayola markers, staplers, etc.) are made of plastic and other unsustainable materials. Even the things made of more sustainable materials, such as pencils, come in thick plastic packages. I don't know how I can teach my students, or even my own son, about sustainability, and then turn around and hand them cheap supplies from Target or Walmart that will be broken and disposed of within weeks. Do you have any ideas? Could you possibly make a video or blog post about careers that basically require wastefulness? It would be completely impractical to provide compostable and otherwise sustainable supplies to students on a teacher's salary, especially because I will have about 35 students in each of my six periods. Even if it were possible, most of the supplies would go to landfill regardless, because, once they are given to students, teachers have no control over what happens to them. Thanks for all of the inspo, info, and hard work!

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Hi! I wanted to ask you if you had any recommendations (audio/visual/media wise) about sustainability in third world countries. I live in Latin America and although I found everything you produce really amazing, interesting and useful, I noticed life in developed countries has different sources of pollution in comparison with the ones you can find here. So I wanted to ask you if you could recommend some source of information towards that (I can Google it myself but you are way more qualified to judge information sources :P). Another thing, just for curiosity, what did you major on in college?
    I really love your activism and the concept of low impact living has made me start perceiving me and my living with such radical difference. Thank you for that 💚🌱

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Heey!! Whats the name of the first book? I‘m sorry I just dont get it 🙈 thank you!!

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

That podcast sounds great, I'll definitely listen to it soon!
    I feel you with the plastic studying! I jumped in with my heart and feel like there's just soooo much it that I don't know about, so taking the time to study the science will be worth it. Thanks for the recommendations, Immy 🙏🏼

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I'm currently doing masters in sustainable architecture, and preparing for the final thesis (which will be on how to lighten our carbon footprint through small dwelling design). At the moment reading an absolutely amazing book called: "Voluntary Simplicity Second Revised Edition: Toward a Way of Life That Is Outwardly Simple, Inwardly Rich" by Duane Elgin. So very inspiring and relevant to minimalism and happier life and lighter footprint. Highly recommend it! Regarding the plastic waste in the oceans, as I understand it, the patches are not really like islands at all, the rubbish is not that concentrated and visible (I wish it was, because then it would be much easier to clean it up!). I'm saying this based on a film "A Plastic Ocean" which is on Netflix. Very informative, and also good for showing to family and friends who are less informed. Thanks for the video and all the recommendations, those podcasts are great!

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Very interesting video. Would you be able to put a list of every thing you mentioned in the comments? I tried to figure out the titles by listening to the parts in the video a couple of times, but I'm just not getting it 100%. I'm especially interested in the podcast episodes you mentioned 🙂 Thank you!

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I recommend taking an online environmental science class. I was surprised with how much I learned just from an intro class. It helped that I really loved my professor! He had some great recommendations for further reading on nearly every topic we talked about. Cool how passionate people in that profession are about this topic.

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I’m reading at the moment Eating animals from Jonathan Safran, books I’d like to read a room of ones own from Virginia wolf, the tree from John Fowles, civil desobedience from Henry David Thoreau, not for profit from Martha Nussbaum, the systems view of life from fritjot Capra and Pier Luigi Luisi, the life of animals from J.C.Coetzee, the age of consent from George Monbiot, King Kong theory from Virginie Despentes, all those books are recommendations from someone who is very passionate about sustainability, veganism, education and femenism.

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I recently enjoyed the book "Climate Change: What everyone needs to know) by Joseph Romm. It is a Q&A book which explains the complete basics of climate sciences. As a person who has no academical background in this field i found it very helpful to get an impression about what's going on right now on our planet from a scientific point of view 🙂

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

You probably know of this channel already being a Youtuber Eco Warrior, but you will love Tiny House Living, its people who want to live Off the Grid and live minimalistically, even when they do go back to apartment living, they've learned to live sustainably. I'm also a minimalist now and I shop at places like charity shops and cheaper places like Primarks cause I don't want to give a lot of money to companies who are causing global warming, I'm sure Primarks don't help but I'm currently educating myself on places to go for essentials, basically things you shouldn't buy from a charity shop, but if anyone could recommend me somewhere that would help me out, I would appreciate it. But I love your channel and I'm also working to do my bit for the planet, keep up the good work.

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

If you’re keen to do a masters in sustainability you should consider coming to South Africa for it! I’m just finishing mine at the Sustainability Institute. They are very grounded and complexity focused and the ‘campus’ is an eco village and school that the founders built from nothing. Check them out! http://www.sustainabilityinstitute.net

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

I love this video, especially about not having a "small life." I was just wondering if you have any advice on how to manage anger. I've been struggling so much recently as I discover more about waste and its impact on the planet. It just makes me so incredibly frustrated and I end up feeling super negative. Your videos always have a positive message and I'd love to know any tips you have on not getting angry and frustrated when we can see all the problems that are out there. Thank you and congratulations on 90K, I'm so glad your message is getting out there!

• October 26, 2018 at 10:23 am

Living a small life??? I think you're living a big life, a free life. It's all perspective.

Hello I’m 15 and trying to be plastic waste ❤️❤️❤️❤️🌍